September


It’s hard to believe that my first month in New Orleans is officially a thing of the past! I was nervous, at first, about moving thousands of miles away from home but I could not have been happier with this choice. Within the first two weeks, I tried to squeeze every bit out of this experience. I’ve stuffed my face with beignets at Café Du Monde, visited Marie Laveau’s grave in the St. Louis Cemetery, and listened to various jazz bands as I walked down Frenchmen Street. I fell in love New Orleans’ unique culture and its blend of spices and music.

As the month went on, school began to pick up and suddenly, it was time to take our first block exam. With the help of some amazing people I’ve met in the program, I was able to pass my exam with flying colors. After a celebration or two, it was back to studying for our next block exam. This time, however, I was able to find the time to volunteer for the American Cancer Society by setting up for the 18th Annual Beaus and Belles Ball. It was lovely to see people working together to celebrate their efforts in eliminating cancer. The Ball was a physical reminder of my dreams and why I’m working so hard to accomplish them. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to attend a Ball like this to celebrate such an amazing cause, but in the meantime, you can find me in the library!

September Hours: 3
Cumulative Hours: 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December

February

November