December

With our last exam right around the corner, I’ve been studying for this last block. I’ve found this GI/Neoplasia block interesting, especially the study on IBS and IBD. I have many family friends who have been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and I’m glad I finally understand what they go through on a daily basis. The neoplasia aspect of this material is, also, giving me a new perspective of how treatment affects the Four Diamond’s children. This foundation is something I’ve been involved with for 5 years but I have a deeper grasp on what the families go through. Along with that, I finished my last few volunteering hours at KIPP by preparing the classrooms with supplies they need for the following week.

I can’t believe that my first semester here in New Orleans is basically over. I’ve learned a lot these past few months - about myself, New Orleans, and pharmacology, of course! I’ve realized that not many people get these kinds of opportunities and I feel blessed to be here. As I head back home, I’m prepared to start the next semester feeling refreshed and better than ever.  I’ll continue to share this spirit all the way back in Pennsylvania. See you all in the New Year

December Hours: 6
Cumulative Hours: 26

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February

September