October


And just like that, spooky season is coming to an end! Watching the Halloween decorations getting torn down serves as a reminder that my favorite holiday is just around the corner. The only thing standing between me and my Thanksgiving meal are exams and I know that I can count on my study group to help me and get me through these next few weeks.

Just like the leaves, a lot of changes happened in October. I’m finally starting to feel at home here in New Orleans and that’s thanks to all the amazing faculty and students in the program. I also decided to start volunteering at the Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP). KIPP is a program in charter schools that give children opportunities for higher education. Besides preparing for exams and attending class, I continued to explore the city by checking out the Pharmacy Museum. It was really interesting to see what kind of medications were used for flu, surgeries, and childbirth and how medicine has advanced through the years.

October Hours: 3
Cumulative: 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December

February

September